Let’s forget the perfume shops and malls for a moment. Just do it yourselves! Just as there is a fashion in clothes, fashion shoes … so the fashion in perfumes is not to be neglected! Follow our tips and make a new, modern and unique scent design according to your taste and wake the interest of strangers.
It turns out that creating perfume is not so complicated.
To create a perfume at home, you need:
- Essential oils
- Base – wheat alcohol or other alcohol without their own odor
- Distilled water
- Perfume bottle
Perfume consists of three notes:
1. Top notes: felt at the beginning of the application, quickly disappear. This group mainly refers to citrus oils – lemon, orange, grapefruit, lime, bergamot, peppermint, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and others. Definitely the taste of an ideal, modern home with a lovely garden.
2. Heart notes: begin to feel after the disappearance of the top notes. In this group, most of the color oils are – coriander, major, rose, basil, rosemary, geranium, lavender and others.
3. Basic notes: the last notes that are felt for the longest time and are the basis of the composition. Here are mostly resins, also oils from wood – patchouli, vetiver, cedar, sandalwood, oakmoss, myrtle, incense and others.
The creation of the perfume starts from the main notes, then the heart and the top. The ratio of oils is 1: 2: 3 (main: heart: peel).
The most complicated in creating perfume is to choose harmonic ingredients. You can find many recipes on the internet.
Get the desired essential oils and start creating your own perfume.
1. Take 1/4 cup alcohol.
2. Add the essential oils according to the prescription – approximately 25 drops (if you increase the amount of alcohol, increase the drops of essential oils as well). Obligate to record how many drops you put in order to be able to repeat.
3. When you finish the composition, you should leave it in a dark place for 3-4 weeks. Stir for 2-3 days.When staying, the aroma of the essential oils mix becomes more harmonious and stronger.
4. The finished perfume needs to be diluted. Add 2 tsp. distilled water to get perfume, toilet water dilute more. To make the perfume longer, add glycerin – approximately 5 drops.
5. Pour the finished perfume into the selected bottle. It is best to keep the bottle as dark as the essential oils change from sunlight.
Your perfume is ready for use! The so-called perfume can be added in your cosmetics – shampoo, body lotion, and so on.
Jojoba oil is very suitable as a base oil.
The perfume created on an oil basis has the advantage that it can be used immediately. While this one made on a spirituous basis should ripen for about a month.
For a sample, I would recommend making a small amount. So you can find out if you like this fragrance and then prepare a larger quantity.
6 drops of essential oils – 3 parts.
14 drops of essential oil – 7 parts.
This is the proportion – 3 parts essential oils, 7 parts essential oil.
For 5 ml. perfume:
– 36 drops of essential oils (6 drops of “top” + 12 drops of “heart” + 18 “basic” drops)
– 5 ml (or 84 drops) of basic oil.
– 5 ml (or 84 pounds) of wheat germs or raspberries.
Some recommended oils: